Carlsbad California Mission

Elder Stephen Schmidt

451 West Bobier Drive

Vista, CA 92083-1906

Monday, July 16, 2012

June 12

The Baptism

 The baptism went great. The font took forever to fill like 3 and a half hours. We had to stay until it was ready. Usually if your at the church for that long your in a meeting or something. I think because we were so excited it seemed like it took forever to fill. She asked me to do the conformation. I was so nervous. President Cook interviewed us this week to ask us about the baptism. I told him I was nervous and didnt want to mess up. Well he showed up to the baptism. That made me more nervous. I said a prayer to help me calm down and like always it worked. Pres. Cook stood right next to me during the conformation. He let me do the whole thing but was there if I needed him. It went smooth. So glad that part of it is over. It was a really stressful week to plan the whole baptism in a week. But like always this ward stepped up and filled in where we needed them. We said to each other many times during the week that the Lord was helping us. This just seemed to fit together. When your doing the Lords work you are blessed. 
I did it mom. I taught someone from the beginning till the end and it felt great.

I love you all 
Stay Classy
Elder Schmidt