Carlsbad California Mission

Elder Stephen Schmidt

451 West Bobier Drive

Vista, CA 92083-1906

Monday, July 16, 2012

April 17


 This week was so awesome Elder Nelson was so amazing!!!! He talked about the word hearken. How this word means to listen with the intent to obey. I really liked that because he didnt just talk about obedience he talked about our intentions.  It has helped me this week in my prayers to think about my intentions more. After he had some question and answers. One missionary asked how we can help the less actives and he said we need to help them see that they need the church not the other way around. In Utah we have so many members the work is lighter for the members but out here members work hard and some have more than one calling. He also told us that working with the less actives is where the gold is. Helping them back to activity is one of our main focuses.. It was a great conference. 
This week I went on exchanges with Elder Shourman. It is nice to change things up once in a while sometimes you dont realize you are in a rut with your comp. till you go out with someone else. We made some good contacts.
I am sending some funny pics of my exchanges giant spoon. Dont ask why he has it I dont know. ha ha

I love you all
Stay Classy
Elder Schmidt