Carlsbad California Mission

Elder Stephen Schmidt

451 West Bobier Drive

Vista, CA 92083-1906

Monday, July 16, 2012

April 3


 This week was conference which is good for us it is kinda like the super bowl for missionaries. I really liked President Uchtdorf's talk on not judging and forgivness. I am a little hard on myself. He has a way of speaking and it seems like he touches down deep. It gave me encouragement to keep going forward and to know that I was doing a good job. Crazy thing about conference is that no new temples were announced. I guess we need to finish the ones we have.
We went over to a members house for the first session and they fed us pancakes while we watched. Elder Oldham ate like 10
It was a good week. Our hopes are up because we might get the car this week.
 We got word that we are both staying and not getting transferred. So we are here and together another 6 weeks. Which is great with both of us.
Hows the dog working out? Did you ever find out what kind she is?
Me and my comp found a baby humming bird and tried to nurse it back to health but it was to far gone. Kinda sad. we tried hard.

I love you all 
Stay Classey
Elder Schmidt